mgs

intro

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: intro
From: "Chris Velardi" <tchris@freewwweb.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:12:00 -0500
I'm not sure if introductions are normally done on this list, but I just
signed up and here's my back ground. In 1981 I bought my first car, a 1961
MGA 1600 a  a gift to myself for high school graduation, (a family thing I
guess because my mother's first car was a '59 "A" of course it was new then)
we'll until this day and 10 or so cars later I still have the "A" and still
consider it my baby and will probably never sell it.  I have put it aside
for the last few years to do  a frame up restoration . I always thought it
was in mint condition until some one dragged a bumper down the side of it
and I was to embarrased to drive it wounded. Well after taking the scared
body panels off I found the A arm bolts just about eaten through and some
body rot , well the further I went the more I found, and now it's going to
be a frame up ,done better than the factory (as soon as I find the time and
the extra cash) I live in Hamden CT USA and if anyone in the area feels like
lending a hand or has good info on frame up restorations . any info would be
appreciated. I also need to rebuild the transmission or swap it out for a
"B" trans with an overdrive and some more brearings on the mainshaft. I'm
also into Land Rovers specifialy the Defender which is my daily driver (and
extreme off road rig) and my old trusty 1960 Dodge D100 "work truck" most of
which you can see on my web site below.
Chris "V"
http://www.xtremedefender.com
http://www.extremeforce.com