mgs

fuel filter.

To: mgb <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel filter.
From: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 14:42:33 -0400
Was coming in from Hazen, PA on PA28 to I80 Sunday, to find a 78 B
curbside.  I stopped to see if I could help.  the fella had his fuel
system flush a week or so back, and had a new fuel filter and line from
teh filter ran to his ZS carb.

Well, all the plugs were firing, and all were nasty.  We cleaned them.
His wires were tight, and he had electronic ignition.  He had an
aftermarket fuel pump mounted in the trunk witha metal shield around it,
so couldn't test fro the fuel pump click.  He had no tools, we hada few
in the truck

It seemed starved for fuel.  I was looking at the filter and it run
vertically, versus horizontally that I was accustomed to.

In the end, we got it running and limped on down 28, to Oil City, quite
a ways.  I felt really bad that I counld't help, and would love to know
what happened, so if it's someone on the list, please let me know.

I guess my question would be, can that filter be mounted either
vertically or horizontally.

Tim-'72 B all over the house!