mgs

CVT for the MGF!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: CVT for the MGF!
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 22:55:22 +0000
Having just succumbed to a bit of "you only go around once", we picked
up an A4 2.8 Avant with Tiptronic and I went for the push-button
controls on the steering wheel. What a blast! Both hands on the wheel
and you just push + or - to upshift or downshift.
What a surprise to see the latest "Enjoying MG" from the MG Owners club
arrive with a story on the latest MGF...a CVT 6-speed ZF trans with push
buttons on the steering wheel in the 1.8T version only. They raved about
it!
Methinks the clutch we all enjoy may be going away in the not to distant
future.
Cheers,
Dave Houser