mgs

Car Plumbing and Teflon Tape

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Plumbing and Teflon Tape
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:44:22 EDT
I'm getting ready to replace the original oil hoses on my '71 B, the big ones
to the oil cooler and the little one to the oil gauge sender. The car has
been using a lot of oil lately. I can see the little hose has a definite leak
in the middle and the big hoses are wet with oil around their fittings. Also
the rubber is stiff and cracked. I suppose it's wishful thinking that the
hoses are responsible for the poor oil consumption, but I think they do need
replacing. Would it be a good idea to wrap a little teflon tape around the
threads of the fittings?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336