mgs

Re: starter woes - solved

Subject: Re: starter woes - solved
From: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:03:16 -0400
Dear List:

Thanks to all who suggested fixes for my starter problems. As it turned out,
most
of you were right! The starter had dead spots, the ignition switch had a short
(which caused much of the rest of the grief), the solenoid was shot, the relay
fried, and the battery didn't have enough "oomph" to run the starter even though
it showed 13 volts.

I am now waiting on a relay from the local parts shop (nope, we don't have one
in
stock, but we can order it).

Thanks again!

Gary
74B (with new air horns, too!)  BEEEEEP!!!!

--

^!!^     "iwlf"