mgs

MGC is finally home.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGC is finally home.
From: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:00:21 -0400
Well, the C is finally home.  I picked it up last week and got to drive it
around a bit, before I had to go away for a short trip.  The driving
experience is certainly different than the B, but there are still several
problems that need to be addressed.

I was wondering if anyone might have some idea of what might cause the car
to not to start when it is warm.  It refuses to start again until it cools
off some.  I mean nothing, no click, no contact, nothing.  A short time
later, turn the key and off we go.  Strange!

It is like driving in a blast furnace when I get it up to highway speeds.
One of the rubber gaskets between the radiator and its top braket is
missing, the one between the radiator and the bracket, not the one between
the braket and the hood.  Could this be part of the problem?  Or are the
holes in the bulkhead, the hole for the choke cable does not have any
grommet, and the back of the brake box that holds the brake switch is not
really sealed to the brake box.  Could these be the source of the hot air.
I am going to do my best to gets those stopped up this weekend, as well as
find some insulation to lay down around the foot well.

There is a blower that the mechanic though should be installed to blow on
the carbs, but he could not figure it out.  Does anyone have any pictures
showing how that is installed?

Does anyone have a spare wire wheel that they are willing to part with.  I
do not care if it is the same as what is on the car just as long as it will
function as a spare.  They are 15 x 5.  That is one of the things that I
discovered that the DPO did not give me.  No jack and no knock off hammer.

Thanks for all your help.

Bob Reisse
76 MGB
NAMGBR 8-3559