mgs

Re: Danbury, CT

To: nagy@duq.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Danbury, CT
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 12:31:05 EDT
In a message dated 7/1/99 9:19:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, nagy@duq.edu
writes:

<< I'm in PA, and can't remember what the deal is with the classic plates.
 Is it that you don't have to get inspections any more, safety or
 emissions?  Are there driving resrictions.  Thinking of it for my bike
 and the B. >>

Classic tags are for cars 15 years old.  No emmissions inspection, but you do
have to have a safety inspection, and you have to PAY for the exempt
emmissions sticker!  They still get their money, but no big hassles.

Driving is limited by this statement on form MV-11:  "It is unlawful for any
person to operate a motorcyle or vehicle with antique, classic or collectible
registration plates for daily transportation.  Permitted use shall be limited
to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional
transportation and similar uses.  Occasional transportation and similar uses
is defined as one day a week."

Antique tags for 25 years old.  There are no inspections for antique tags,
but you are limited to daylight driving with original lights on the car.

I don't know how it differs for motorcycles, but it's probably similar.  Once
you buy classic or antique tags, you don't have to register every year.  BTW,
you can download the forms from the Pennsylvania web site.
(http://www.state.pa.us)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport