mgs

Body Repair

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Body Repair
From: David Macedonia <david_macedonia@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 21:55:28 PDT
To All,

It's been a very long time since I participated in this e-mail group. I hope
all of you are doing well! I was wondering if there is anyone in the
Crofton, MD. area (Anne Arundel county) who might be able to give me
pointers from time to time on the restoration of the body of my 1966 MGB. If
I listened to my brain, I would be buying a new body shell. Unfortunately, I
can't resist the temptation to restore the rusted hulk (which I bought from
a junk yard in York, PA in 1995) piece by piece (I have my own MIG welder so
there's no stopping me!) Most of the mechanical work is done (the engine
looks beautiful...I have now idea if it'll run or not!), but the pace of the
restoration began to slow as I was confronted with the body. I have removed
the floor pan and sill on the passenger side, but that's as far as I have
gotten. (I have a piece of angle-iron welding across the door opening to
keep the car from collapsing.) I would be very curious to hear everyone's
opinion on rust (and gunk) removal, body preparation and painting.

That's all for now.

Sincerely,

David Macedonia
1966 MGB