mgs

Re: MGC Brakes

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGC Brakes
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:40:22 -0700
Odd, to say the least. Have you checked the front calipers? Could one (or
more) of the pistons be frozen? You'd have probably noticed before. This
is so extreme as to seem like it must be a physical interference problem
with the piston travel in the MC, or a total blockage of the brake
line(s), creating hydraulic lock. Don't know enough about the booster to
guess what it might contribute.

You could disconnect the brake lines at the MC, one at a time, and see if
the pedal travel increases (have something ready to catch the spray!).
That could isolate the brake lines as a problem. If both are disconnected
and the problem remains, it would have to be a reassembly mistake with
the MC.

I suppose someone has checked to make sure the pedal iteself isn't
catching on something in the footwell, such as a grossly misadjusted
brake light switch...

Good luck. This is a new one on me.

Mike Razor had this to say:

--