mgs

Re: Master brake cylinders

To: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Master brake cylinders
From: Ray Wygonik <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 15:31:14 -0500
Dan,   I bought a remanufactured master cylinder from Adanced Auto in
Indiana, PA 3 weeks ago for $35.95 plus a $15 core charge.  someone else on
the list identified the remanufacturer by the code I got off the box and
said it was a reputable firm. Unfortunately I didn't save that message so I
no longer have that info.  Maybe they can chime in.

I have found substantial differences in prices based on location in the
country.  When Parts America opened a store here in Indiana 18 months ago.
I bought a fan belt for $5.95.  The belt itself had a price sticker of
$14.95.  I asked the clerk why the difference and he said that was the price
they started with based on national pricing, but found they were too far
above the local market with those prices, hence the new $5.95 price.  The
Parts America store only lasted a year and the sign in the vacant window
said moved to Advance Auto!

I may have to produce my receipt to verify I only paid $35.95!  When I
bought it they had 4 total in stock at a warehouse in Youngwood, PA about 30
miles from Indiana, PA.