mgs

[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i a

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i at line 4]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:55:27 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 03:37:46 -0500
     From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
     Subject: Re: Time To Split This List?

Kai Radicke wrote:
> >Isn't it time to split the list?  I would suggest the list be split with
> >TD's, TF's &  A's on a new list and B's on this list.  All of those who
> >want The Full Monty could subscribe to both. What do you think?
>
> Splitting of lists is a very bad idea.  It generally is the sign of the
> beginning of the end of a good list.

  I think that time has long passed, Kai.

> For those that can't handle the volume of mail, I suggest implementing
> filters to sort your mail into their appropriate directories and/or checking
> your mail more often.

  That doesn't solve the problem of still getting a hundred
list messages, a very few of which actually have concrete
value.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.

[Gee, I guess none of these "split the list" folks have ever thought of
 sending a lists command to majordomo@autox.team.net.  The mg-t list is
 over a year old.   mjb.]