mgs

Re: Petronics ign...ballasted or not???

To: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Petronics ign...ballasted or not???
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:20:55 -0800
Tom,

    The Pertronix module is 'just' a switch and it is designed for its red wire
to be connected directly to the car's 12 volt (white) wire.  It can handle
ballasted or unballasted coils.  The black wire connects to the distributor side
of the coil.  I am using a Pertronix module with a Lucas Sport Coil and the coil
is tied directly to 12 volts.  YMMV.

BTW, I'd suggest buying the Pertronix from Skip Kelsey of Shadetree Motors.  His
price is great and you can get answers directly from someone who knows (Skip).

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB (commuting car)