mgs

Re: Oil Coolers

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Oil Coolers
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:51:07 -0600
  Putting in a lower temp thermostat won't lower the coolant temp once
the thermostat is fully open.  Say you put in a 170 degree 'stat; what
it means is that the engine will run at least that hot.  After the 'stat
opens it's up to the cooling system to regulate the temp.  Simplified, I
know, but it's essentially how it works.

  CR