mgs

Re: Heat, or lack thereof in MGB

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: Heat, or lack thereof in MGB
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 07:38:31 EST
Bud,
  If you turn the lever on the valve, note how it works by running it the
groove, a coarse thread sort of action.  On both my MGBs, the dash
control only moves the lever about 90 percent of the motion that the
valve needs.
  If that's happening in your ride, the solution is to loosen the cable
clamp on the valve, set it full open when the control is full open, then
re-clamp.   When warm weather returns to Plymouth, you re-set it for
summer touring conditions.
  So that will get water flowing to the heater core.  The core may be
another problem. The cores on my two Bs and the TD released incredible
quantities of solids when rinsed with the garden hose. It's a messy
process, but effective.
Bob