mgs

Fill it up -'77MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fill it up -'77MGB
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:40:27 -0800
Hi folks,

       I could use a bit more of the list wisdom, if I may.  Now that I have the
77B on the road (or will when this nor'easter ends) I'll need to occasionally
put petrol in it.  Any suggestions on how to fill the tank without having gas in
the filler tube and without getting an earful of gasoline?  Was there ever a
restrictor plate for 'unleaded only' in these tubes?  Being an OF I remember the
days before gas station's had automatic shutoffs on the pumps.  We filled 'em by
ear in those days.  That doesn't seem to work very well with the B unless I'm on
my knees asking for a fateful of gas.  I'll be covering about 110 miles per day
so I'll be fueling fairly often.  Any help will be appreciated.  I'll even
settle for some of Charley's wisecracks.

Bud Krueger
52TD (wants his garage back)
77MGB (wants the storm to end)