mgs

Re: 56K Line Speed?-Reply

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: 56K Line Speed?-Reply
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 08:15:47 -0500
I am glad that someone brought this up!  I am very comfortable asking MG
people anything, of course we do have our own net nazis.
 anyway, my slow modem speed has impeded my ability to do many things on
the net.  I have a 56k modem and the best I can do is 28000bps.  I
emailed my IPS and they have never responded, maybe it is still in
transit since my modem or their service is so slow.  My question is:
should I not at least do better than 28000?  It is kind of like the
timing being off on the MGA and not letting it run as fast as it should.
(this may satisfy the net nazis, since this is off topic).
THANKS!
MIKE R