mgs

Re: Use of Uni-Syn (was carb. kit)

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: Use of Uni-Syn (was carb. kit)
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 13:33:30 -0800
The problem with that, Paul, is that you are relying (a) on your ability to
turn the idle adjustment screws EXACTLY the same amount, and (b) your
expectation that such turning will have the same mechanical effect on the
position of the throttle butterfly. Especially when the throttle shafts are
worn, the accomplishment of equal adjustments just by eye-balling the
position of the adjustment screws is very difficult.

And my original point was that this lack of accuracy need not be tolerated
because the Uni-Syn is, by its very design, just the tool to make such
guesswork unnecessary! If you adjust the throttle screws so that the
position of the "ball" in the tube is the same on each carburetor, you know
for a fact that the air flow through each venturi is the same, n'est-ce pas?

Lawrie