mgs

re: Wiper solution/Crack question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Wiper solution/Crack question
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 02:10:42 +0510
Jay Donoghue wrote:

> Second, a question on temporary Crack of Doom solutions.  One lister
> said a mechanic suggested drilling a hole at the end of the crack.
> This is standard aviation procedure--first used in my history on our
> old beat-to-s*** Huey gunships, covered with cracks and stop-drill
> holes.

... and we did the same for our brass CYMBALS (as in drum-kit type
cymbals) and for cracks in asbestos sheeting!

So.. surely it is good enough for an MG :-)

Now... I would like to ask further....  when does it stop being an
annoying flaw and become a real problem, and does it necessarily always
"fully develop" into DOOM status.  Yes, my little yellow beast has a
small "flaw" in it paint on the drivers' side - right side here - door
just behind the vent window and right next to the door mounted mirror...
oh dear.  Right now it is about an inch long.

Eric
'68MGB MkII