mgs

Re: RE: Suspension lowering

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net, BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: RE: Suspension lowering
From: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 10:20:05 EST
In a message dated 12/31/1998 10:36:47 AM, doddk@mossmotors.com wrote:

<<I think you answered your own question.  The GT springs are unlikely
to settle enough for you to be happy.  The rear is too "light" due to
oversteering brought on by the stiffer and higher rear suspension.  GT
springs on the front are a nice way to both lower the car and stiffen it,
but not on the rear.

I concur partially.  On my '57 A I installed lowered GT springs at all 4
corners, along with delron bushings and pads in back, and V8 bushings on the
front.  I also installed a front sway bar (3/4") in delron bushes, and am
running 185/65 Dunlop D60A2 tires.  The car setteled in well, and handles
wonderfully, being essentially neutral and hence controllable by throttle.  An
A weighs about 200 Lbs less than a B, but this setup should work as well on a
B.  OBTW, I continued with the standard shocks with the original valveing.

Bob Shaw
Lincoln, NE