mgs

Trailer take two (No MG)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trailer take two (No MG)
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:38:27 -0600
As stated before, I have a mismatch between my truck and the rented
trailer.  The trailer is a low boy heavy duty tandem unit.

The rental place also has a lighter duty trailer made to haul multiple
(four or six, I believe) snowmobiles.  It is a "high boy" meaning that the
deck is above the tandem wheels instead of between them.  Also, the deck is
made of 3/4 inch plywood instead of 2 X 6 planking.  The parts on the
trailer will be the car's frame and main body section plus whatever else I
can easily lash on.  I can carry the heavy stuff in the truck bed if need
be.  This trailer can be towed with a 2" ball hitch.  Both trailers use
surge brakes.  Any thoughts on whether the lighter duty trailer would be
sufficient?  Being higher in the air, I would expect it to be harder to
load and possibly tougher to pull although it is lighter.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA
A pile of Jag parts