mgs

Re: Jacking and Rust

To: Chris Rogers <TravelMW@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Jacking and Rust
From: Rene van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:57:35 +0200
Hi Chris.

My concern of jacking the car would be less than driving it.

I hope you understand what I mean.

And: MG advised the customers in the '60s not to use the standard
jackingpoint after a few years of car usage: it would weaken fast.

In your case I suggest not even to think of using the original point.

If the car is still drivable, I should be able to stand the forces of
jacking it up.

Rene

--
Rene and Marion van Maanen