mgs

Re: brake cylinder reservior

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: brake cylinder reservior
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:05:57 EDT
>From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
>Subject: brake cylinder reservior

>So now, who knows how to seal this so it will hold pressure for my
>easi-bleed, not contaminate the brake fluid? This type of plastic seems
>impervious to the normal glues & sealants. Where are the chemists?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not a chemist by I have used epoxy for this kind of repair.  It will be
inert after it's cured solid, and practically indestructible.

Clean, clean, clean the area around the crack, then rough it up just a bit
with sandpaper.  Mix up either the fast cure or regular epoxy as per the
directions, and push it into the crack, spreading it beyond the edges to seal
well.  Let it dry twice as long as recommended.

I have found very few things that it won't stick to.  There is a good
selection at your local Wal-Mart.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 DSM