mgs

HIF4 Problems

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HIF4 Problems
From: "John McCauley" <jege@dock.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 11:08:27 -0700
I'm having a problem with the carbs on my '74 B.  Going from idle, the
engine sort of sputters up to a faster speed.  At first I thought that the
car was missing, so I replaced the distributor cap and plugs to no avail.
Then I somehow figured out that by pulling out the choke it ran much better,
so I concluded that I must have been running way too lean.  I was going to
adjust this, so I pulled off the air filters and fired the car up, but at I
try to increase the rpm, raw gas shoots out of the back carb where the air
should be going in.  Once the engine gets up to speed, it stops blowing the
gas out.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Greg McCauley