mgs

Re: Tonneau Cover tabs

To: "Dan Pockrus" <dpockrus@efficient.com>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tonneau Cover tabs
From: "bill" <pplusb@northlink.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:58:35 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
To: 'MG List' <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 1998 11:17 AM
Subject: Tonneau Cover tabs

> Now that my MGB Convertible top questions are out of the way
>(BTW, all the estimates to have the top installed came out the same -
>Its not a bad job - I've done it a few times over the years.  First time, I
got the thing too tight, but ti served for a large number of years.

 First thing we discovered was that the two zippers
>behind the headrests need to be replaced. The second thing is that there
>are two Lift-the-dot fasteners (mounted on 3" fabric tabs sewn on the
>outside of the tonneau)

There is a little-used bar which goes into fittings on each side behind the
seats.m  The bar stretches across the top of the rear area and the tonneau
is to be folded over this and fastened to the lift the dots located behind
each seat on the lower bulkhead.

Bill