mgs

Another drive for DamitDick

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another drive for DamitDick
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 22:05:23 -0700
Well, I'm a little late, but, on the other hand, I know Dick would be much
happier with the drive I took tonight than one I might have taken a week
ago.  Last weekend, I took the big step of ordering two new wire wheels and
hubs to replace the original ones which have been on my car since 1971.
They came on Thursday (thanks George!) and immediately went out again to
have new tubes and tires mounted and balanced.  While the wheels were being
taken care of, the hubs, with new rotors, pads, and wheel bearings were put
together.  Everything went smoothly, and I have to say that the car has
shown a marked improvement in handling, with the concurrent improvement in
the fun factor.  Went out tonight in the fog to check out the real feel of
the changes on a windy road around here;  Grizzly Peak Blvd.  Boy those
corners sure went faster with the new stuff.  I can just imagine how it
will be when the back wheels and hubs are replaced in a month or so.  I
wonder what all those motorcycle types thought of me when I went by just as
fast as I felt safe with this huge grin on my face?  Things could get
really bad if all the wheels are fixed.
I never had the chance to meet Dick Criswell face to face, but I always
felt that he was a kindred spirit in his enthusiasm for our British cars.
I'm sorry he's gone, and I'm glad I had the chance to correspond with him
through this list.  Thanks for listening.          Nina