mgs

Re: Speakers again

To: "Ben Ruset" <bruset@home.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Speakers again
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 09:47:15 -0400
On 6/26/98 11:30 PM so and so  Ben Ruset said. (And I quote)

>This is what I was planning:
>
>Kenwood sliding face head unit, or a Panasonic in dash CD
>2 6" Infiniti Kappa Speakers for the doors (require like NO room to mount!)
>2 Pioneer 3 way 6x9's in the back
>A self-powered sub of some sort
>Possibly a pair of tweaters, each mounted in the vents, or on the doors.
>A cheap amp to run the 6x9's.
>

>BEN RUSET - http://members.home.com/bruset
>The MGB Haven & MG Cars Webring  - http://members.home.com/mgbhaven

Really hate to say it - WTH - I will. Put that much stereo in an MG and
loose part of the fun. The sound of the road, engine etc. Not only that
but when the engine/tranny/suspension/brakes start to make warning sounds
you will only hear Madonna/AC/DC/Kiss/Beetohven or whatever you listen to
instead of the car as it fails. Yea I love a good stereo in the car as
well as the next guy. But listen to the car as well.

GT owners excepted ;-)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?