mgs

Re: Does Water-wetter work???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Does Water-wetter work???
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:42:53 -0700
Re Redline Water-wetter, I can only say I've read their flyer and if what
they say is true, it's a great product.  They have a graph that compares a
cooling system's efficiency using water, their recommended blend +
Water-wetter, and 50-50 blend without wetter.  The principle of using as
little antifreeze as possible to maximize your cooling system's efficiency
in hot weather is smart in any case.  Another factor is to examine a
torn-down engine and a radiator after years of using the stuff to see if the
corrosion is controlled.  Haven't had to do this, since I've been using
Redline for only about 4 years now.

Don Scott

>> There's been a lot of chat in a use group about Water-Wetter and it's
>> abilities to help your motor run 10-15 degrees cooler, while providing some
>> rust or corrosion protection.
>>
>> Does anyone here have first hand experience with it?  I'm about as sure of
>> my temp guage as I am about the second coming of JC, so I can only rely on
>> others tests.
>>
>> Some say it's snake oil and others say it does the job.
>>
>> Dave
>> '62 MGA 1600 MkII
>Dave, Redline offers it and they have an excellent reputation.
>therefore, not snake oil, but it will not solve major cooling problems.
>John

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
     Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF Replica
Check it out:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/