mgs

Re: slow turn signals

To: RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: slow turn signals
From: BBubeck <BBubeck@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 08:41:08 EDT
In a message dated 98-05-08 08:04:47 EDT, RWYGONIK@grove.iup.edu writes:

<< My turn signals are molasses slow.  the left signal about  every 2-3
 seconds and the right every 7-8 seconds.  The hazard warning lights blink as
 they should.  My first guess is the flasher unit, the problem is I could only
 find one.  There should be one for the the turn signals and the 4-way
flashers.
 Also, why would one side blink faster (or in my case slower) than the other?

Ray,
Slow blinking turn signals can usually be traced to a bad ground in one of the
turn signal housings. The ground for the turn signal goes through the housing
itself. After a while this connection builds up with rust, crud, etc. Check
the front turn signal housing and make sure that the nut/washer that holds it
to the body is tight and makes a good connection.
Bruce
1974 MGB