mgs

RE: MGF - is it a real MG? Now Shipping a MGF

To: RossOvercash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Subject: RE: MGF - is it a real MG? Now Shipping a MGF
From: "EPMD- van syckel, John" <vansyck@hq.1perscom.heidelberg.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 15:40:15 +0200
Ross,

I will ask MP Customs again, but the last time I asked them something about
a similar topic; they were absolutely, totally, clueless ("Um, it might need
a new speedometer, I ain't sure.").  I think I will go to the British Car
Center in Mannheim after work today and see if I can get some
specifications.  Then I can post them, and someone a hell of lot smarter
than I am can figure out what's needed to get a MGF into the States.

I think the bond had (has) to do with emissions control.  I can't imagine a
modern European car would need anything in this respect anymore (except
maybe in CA).  However, I really don't know.

I do know that when I shipped my 1971 MGB (U.S. specs) to Germany, I did
nothing except help the transport driver unload the car and then go downtown
to register it (yes, it passed inspection, TUV, MOT, whatever you want to
call it without a problem).

"Jay"
John S. van Syckel
1971 MGB (BRG, no PO)