mgs

Re: I missed the end of this story

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: I missed the end of this story
From: mgb_73@juno.com (James E Kearman)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:30:30 -0500

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 01:03:05 -0500 Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
writes:
>James E Kearman wrote:
>>
>> Someone (Trevor) was posting almost daily about his attempts to
>start a
>> B. Did you ever get it running?

>  Talking to the local British guru, he said that it's possible the
>rings
>are stuck from all the sitting.
>  So basically I am about to try to start it "any day now", had a flu
>or it would have been this past weekend. If that doesn't work, the
>local
>shop has a gasket set with my name on it and I'm pulling the head to
>see what's amiss.
>
>  That's the current status.
>
>--

While you can get new doors and fenders, they aren't making B engines
anymore, so I wouldn't abuse this one too much. After all the work you've
done, it would not take much more to pull the engine and take it apart. I
had a 6-V car I occasionally started with a 12-V battery, but that was
30+ years ago. Even if you have to replace the rings, it's cheaper than a
new engine. If it won't start after the soaking, I'd pull it and see
what's going on inside.

Cheers,

Jim

---
Jim Kearman
Florence, MA - USA
1973 MGB Roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]