mgs

Re: Shock and Top opinions...Please

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shock and Top opinions...Please
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 98 08:37:06 PST
David Earl Brown wrote:

>I'm feeling the pressure, as the Moss and VB winter sales are nearing
>their end, to make some purchase decisions.  Most are no-brainers, but
>has anyone tried the Spax shock kit for the rear of a 1500 midget?  Or
>is there a cheaper way to convert?  The levers are on sale new for 89.95
>ea, the kit price I saw for the  Spax was around 300.  If I knew the
>levers would last and perform decently I would not be asking, but I had
>my front levers rebuilt by Apple, and one started leaking about 9 mo.
>later. I would like this to be a "permanent" solution.

A rebuilt lever shock should last a lot longer than that.  I replaced
the shocks on my 'B a few years ago.  They were original, which means
about 18 years old.  No leaks, only starting to go performance wise,
lots and lots of miles on 'em.  Most of the LBC autocrossers and
racers I know keep the lever shocks.  I run plain old stock levers
on my DSP car, however with all my recent suspension tuning it'd
probably do the car good to have some stiffer rears.

I would've complained to Apple.  And, Spax wise, those aren't going
to last forever either.  And they are so expensive!

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/