mgs

Re: What to use on Rubber bumpers

To: Michael Eaton <eatons@erols.com>
Subject: Re: What to use on Rubber bumpers
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 11:46:36 -0500
Michael:

Find a product called "Black Again" by Rhino Industries of Florida.  This
will do the trick.  It is an amazing product and can be used equally well
on rubber, tires, plastic, and black or other anodized metal.  It is not
simply for black but works on any color well.  It should not be used on
interiors because it has a fair amount of wax in it but the company makes a
companion product called "Somethin' Else" for this.  Both of these products
are effective, economical and the best I have found.  They both contain UV
blockers.  Note that Armor-All should be avoided for any automotive use due
to its animal fat content and other chemicals which can have a deleterious
effect on paint surfaces and rubber.  Armor-All will destroy UV blocking
agents existing in rubber.

John McEwen