mgs

Re: Mallory Dizzy

To: Skye Poier <skye@jungle.direct.ca>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mallory Dizzy
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 08:35:02 -0800
Skye:

To install the Mallory, or any other distrbutor in your MGB, you have to
install the "drive dog" on the shaft. With a gear, such as is on a "T"
series distributor, it is no problem. You install the thin spacer washer,
set up about a .005 end float clearence,drill thru the shaft,insert a
hardened roll pin, and install in engine.
The MGB uses an offset drive dog instead of a gear. This must be set up
exactly as the original distributor, so that when each cylinder fires, the
rotor is pointing at the correct probe on the inside of the cap. It is
simple on one hand, but could be disasterous if done wrong. I run a Mallory
dual point in my 69 MGB, and couldnt be happier. If you doubt your
mechanical ability, then by all means go to an expert. I hope that I didnt
make this to confusing.

Cheers:

Skip..........shadetreemotors.com  At 09:39 PM 1/27/98 -0800, Skye Poier