mgs

Questions on Horns and Headlight Ring

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Questions on Horns and Headlight Ring
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 15:16:35 -0600
Well, another Sunday of tinkering and the resultant questions:

1) My right horn is missing, wires dangling. Does the "H" on the =
existing one mean "high", and so the other is "low"? Has anyone ever had =
one konk out and tried to run the wires across to get a single one =
working? The Haynes wiring diagram looks like they are on a mutual =
circuit.

2) Any tips on getting the headlight ring off without scratching the =
paint? I need to replace the headlight and tried to ease the ring off =
from the bottom like the manual says with a flat tip screw driver, first =
try resulted in a big chip in the paint! :( =20

Otherwise, things are moving along, and I got the SO to chip in with =
some sewing work on the seats -- rewarded her with a kiss and her first =
spin ride in the B around the block! She has named the car "Pumpkin" for =
obvious reasons.

Dan
'73 B
Ft. Knox, KY