mgs

RE: , Now Just Brakes!

To: "'ROBERT G. HOWARD'" <mgbob@juno.com>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: , Now Just Brakes!
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:42:25 -0600
Bob:
Thanks, my objective is to knock the job out all at once and try to have =
the brakes in tip-top shape for a long time to come. I'm not trying to =
blow money, but I refuse to scrimp either. (See?, I'm indoctrinated with =
the "Safety Fast" ideology!)
Ted S. suggested trying to rebuild the wheel cylinders, but in the state =
one of them's in, I figured just swap them out for new ones and be done =
with it, while not worrying that the old one's might just screw up the =
seals as well...
If the M/C is toast, well, I'll find out after I've replaced the stuff I =
know is screwed up. Probably not the best way to go, but honestly, I =
just wanna get the thing stoppable as quickly as possible! Call me =
ignorantly anxious, but I've been like a kid on Christmas morn since =
I've gotten her. The brakes are the only thing between me and that =
twisty back road headed towards Vine Grove! :)
The drums are not bad at all, and the guy at the shop simply handed me =
some sandpaper "to get the glaze off".
Your idea of plugging the lines and trying to get pressure is an =
excellent one, and since I'm not buying parts til the first of the =
month, I'll have time to try it.=20
Thanks!
Dan
'73 B