mgs

Slightly illegal ex. mods and 1 really illegal 1

To: gardner7@pilot.infi.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Slightly illegal ex. mods and 1 really illegal 1
From: SHedman123 <SHedman123@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 12:58:48 EST
In a message dated 98-01-19 07:09:17 EST, gardner7@pilot.infi.net writes:

<< Illegal as heck, I know, but that's one
 of the benefits of military life.  I haven't had a car inspected in
 almost five years!
 Scott >>

Dear Criminal:
My husband ran his Twin Cam with just a straight pipe exiting just in front of
the rear wheel. He, if not the local police in Chicago, enjoyed it. Need to
rejet the carbs a little but that shouldn't be a problem-- may not even be
necessary.
There are all sorts of advantages, according to Ron, of doing this
modification.
1) driving under a viaduct with open throttle at high RPMs has that certain
"Battle of Britian" sound.
2) when passing the police one mearly, at least on MGAs, kills the ignition
and coasts past them with a slightly cute grin (pretty much the reason why I
married him since his list of redeaming features is is non-existant).
3) the ability to "sneak-up" on other drivers in convertables and floor the
engine while even with their trunk (boot) is a good way to have "that extra
margin of safety in highway passing."
4) the ability to set off car alarms at 2am, when going home, keeps the area
safe from muggers and provides a excellent chance to meet the neighbors.
5) announces, in a way Neiman-Marcus could only hope to achieve, "I have
arrived."
6) <ahem> if you run the car "rich" and hook up a spark plug at the end of the
tailpipe controled by an on/off switch connected to the coil you can save the
poor overburdened taxpayers thousands in mosquito abatement. (usual
disclaimers, hehehe)

I hope this helps your decision.

"Midget" Susan and deaf (hearing impaired for the more common sense challanged
members) Ron

On a more serious note... I don't mean to embarass you, but thanks for
serving.
I'm sure I echo the thoughts of many when I say that.