mgs

Mix and Match

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mix and Match
From: "Larry Pitts" <fuzzy@castles.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 18:33:11 -0800
Like most MGB folks I've accumulated a garage full of pieces and parts. In
my situation I've some how ended up with various engine components. I'm
curios about mixing and matching. For example, I have an 18v engine going
into my '70 GT but would like to use the dizzy from the original '70 motor.
Any ignition timing considerations?
( The 18v dizzy is a Lucas electronic ). I have a rebuilt head from an
early 18v that I'm thinking about mounting on an 18gg block for my '73
roadster. ( the '73 motor -  an 18v - could then be rebuilt over time for
re-installation)  Any collective thoughts or comments from the list?

                                            Larry Pitts
                                            fuzzy@castles.com

( forgive my manners the first time! )