mgs

Re: The Ugly Wedgling: Will it be a Swan

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The Ugly Wedgling: Will it be a Swan
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 97 10:12:31 -0000
On 21/12/97 3:05 am John McEwen said

>While out with the UW today, I found an Austin 1800 for sale.  The car is
>very solid and complete but has had an incredibly ugly sunroof installed in
>it - made from a large trailer window.  Yuck.  The engine/transmission has
>been changed with the new setup being a standard versus the original
>automatic.  However the automatic shifter is still present in the
>dashboard.  The owner explained that the engine was changed after his wife
>hit a large rock which broke the pan and lower engine casting.  He is
>asking $700 Cdn. and the car comes complete with a parts car.  I suspect
>I'll be able to buy it for about $250.  Anyone in love with the old Land
>Crab?

John,

Whatever you do don't buy this car. They were CRAP, even worse than an
early TR7!. Can't remember the last time I saw one on the road in the Uk,
must be 10 years ago at least.

Are you some sort of masochist? ;-)

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk