mgs

Re: P-51 Genealogy(getting more off topic all the time)

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com
Subject: Re: P-51 Genealogy(getting more off topic all the time)
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 18:22:20 EST
Reminds me of an old "Sherlock Holmes" movie, starring Basil Rathbone
which was made either just before the war or early on.
  The title was "Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon".  A Swiss
inventor is spirited out of the way of the Nazis and brought to England
by Holmes.  His invention is a new bomb sight  which is duly installed in
a RAF bomber.
  When closeups were shown of the inventor operating the sight, the "bomb
sight" was a photographic enlarger. Apparently to save a few bucks
(pounds sterling) the producers just went into the dark room at the
studio and let the co-star play with the enlarger.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget