mgs

Re: 'MG's on the Internet' (Review)

To: Kelvin Fagan <kjf21@phy.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: 'MG's on the Internet' (Review)
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:10:53 -0500
>I would be most grateful for submissions from readers of this list
>with perhaps your choice as to the Top 5 MG Web sites/pages.

I would have to say that, of the sites that I have seen, the mgcars.org and
Kai's site have been the best two. There's also a lot of good personal
pages out there as well. "Top 5 Web Pages" according to what criteria?

>Question 1..How has the internet helped you, in the pursuit of your
>interest in the MG Marque?

Forget it. If it wasn't for Rick Brown who brought me to the Doylestown, PA
show, I'd still be sitting at home saying "Hmm... maybe I'll get an MGB."
If it wasn't for David Deutsch, I would have never found the car that I did
buy! I would have had a hard time understanding the day to day problems of
MGB ownership if it wasn't for my daily conversations with Tyson Sherman. I
met all of these people, an a whole host of other friends, on the list.

>Question 2..From you own point of view, do you think that being connected
>to the internet is becoming essential to 'maintaing the breed'

Not essential, because people did restore and keep the marque alive before
the internet. No, it just makes it a helluvalot easier!

BEN RUSET - mailto:bruset@monmouth.com
Safety Fast! - http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis
^^^ MGB Website - now taking submissions
Crossroads   - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
^^^ Personal Homepage