mgs

Re: MG, Drinking Guide to England

To: "MgList CARS" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MG, Drinking Guide to England
From: bradleys <bradleys@vdn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 97 20:47:05 -0800
Dear Chris, Philip, and all of the Beer lovers out there,

I'm wondering if I'm the only CAMRA member in NO. California. Are there
any more CAMRA MG folks out there? The CAMRA paper," What's Brewing" is a
great paper and well worth the membership dues. The paper makes wonderful
reading and CAMRA is doing a fine service to lovers of real ale.  I just
learned the surprising fact that the Nomura Corp. of Japan now owns over
6,000 pubs in Britain and the Brits are getting a taste of sushi bars and
"Jappy Hour". I hope I can get to England again before the only beers I
can get are "Asahi" and "Nippon".

The young folks in the Pacific Northwest have started a nationwide trend
of excellent microbreweries and Brew pubs.  My local, where they have
Fuller's ESB on draught, is five miles away but it's worth the drive.
They also stock cider and, your ever popular "Old Peculiar" in bottles.
Baing a British style Pub in California, their Shepherd's Pie is topped
with salsa over the mash.

Have you noticed the Beer billboards and the Michelob ads lately? The
young American public seems to be getting Bud and Coors playing catch-up.

Cheers and Banzai!

Neil "I'll have another" Bradley