mgs

Re: MGA Convertible top, toneau and carpet

To: crschaef@mc.net
Subject: Re: MGA Convertible top, toneau and carpet
From: rkegg@juno.com (Randell S Kegg)
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:12:52 EST
        I have no experience with Caribou Canvas, however I have had a
lot of dealings with SF. Their Wool-like carpet set for the MGA is very
nice, and installs  easily.It is better quality than the MOSS set. ( I
hate to say that, but it is true).  I have installed three of the SF
convertible tops, and I am also quite happy with them. Very detailed
Installation instructions and hardware come with it.  Installing these
tops is not easy, and the best advice I can give is to go slow, follow
the directions carefully, and measure everything at least twice before
you start to cut on the top.   The zipper window top is nice, and is not
noticable from the outside. The trick is: What do you do with the zipped
down window? Left on its own, the wind allows it to flop all over the
place. The secret is to get two old speakers, remove the magnets from the
back, and trap the zipped out window between the rear deck area and the
magnets. The magnets hold the window down well. Good Luck....

Randy Kegg
1958 MGA
1949 MGTC
1966 Morris Traveller