mgs

Re: MGA in garage for the winter

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA in garage for the winter
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 22:00:58 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-20 23:45:33 EST, spook01@mindspring.com writes:

<< I take the opposite tack (!). I run topless all the time, even in light
 >rain, even in the cold (34 deg F this morning on the way to work). So, when
 >I HAVE to put up the top (e.g., it's really puring or my wife wants it up
 >-- no comments BobAllen)), it's practically an emergency. Hence, I've
 >actually practiced putting it up in the privacy of my own garage. After
 >all, a British car driver/owner should always appear smooth and confident,
 >no matter the task at hand.
 >
 >Jeff

All of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves!  Jeff has been reading your
posts about winter driving for so long that he is telling you the truth!
 After our last meeting he drove off in the drizzle in 45 degree weather
-topless.  I climbed into the pickup and cranked up the heater.  Please
repent and tell Jeff the truth before he ends up in the hospital with
pnemonia(Yes, sarcasm is included here!).
     Jeff, next time I'll bring Picklestein if I get around to fixing the
heater motor switch!

Tom Green
1979 MGB