mgs

Re: TD Color Schemes Need advice

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TD Color Schemes Need advice
From: skillman@clark.net (Robert Skillman)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:31:43 -0400
>Need advice. For the TD should the color of the radiator grill be the same as
>the interior of the car or should the grill be the same color  as the car ?

General rule is that the radiator grill slats should be that same as the
interior color.  The exception is that when the exterior and interior are
the same color (red/red, green/green) the body color is used, as rarely
will the body and trim shades of color be exactly the same.  This prevents
having two shades of the same color body paint and also is easier and less
expensive.

I have not seen paint codes for different interior colors.  Perhaps some
one has them as there is only tan, biscuit, red(regency) and green(apple),
unless I've forgotten one.  A paint shop should be able to match a swatch
or upholstery piece.

Bob Skillman  47TC, 59MGA twin cam