mgs

Re: Positive Ground to Negative Ground

To: sperera@blkbox.com
Subject: Re: Positive Ground to Negative Ground
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 18:05:37 -0500 (EST)

<<
 There seem to be a lot of advantages to reversing the ground on my MGA. How
 would one attempt this ? I guess its just not reversing the battery cables.
 How would you re-polarize the generator etc. ...

 Thanks

 Sam

 Sam Perera >>

Sam--the procedure is fairly simple:  change the battery connections; then
repolarize the generator--take a hot line (connected to fuse A1) with a
stripped end.  Stroke the stripped end on the generator input terminal (the
thinner of the
two generator terminals).  You will get a spark.  Good.  That's all.  Yoou've
polarized the generator.  Next change the fuel pump connections around.  Then
change the coil connections (SW shouod now connect to the points  CB to the
ignition.  If your coil is marked "+" and "-", the "-" terminal should now
connect to the points.  Note your heater motor and wiper motor will probably
run backwards when yu9mchange polarity.  You may wish to swap those
connections also.  End of story.  John Trifari  1955 Healey BN1 (neg ground
with alternator); 1980 MGB; ex owner of seven MGAs.