mgs

Re: Brake Fluid Replacement- MityVac woes

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid Replacement- MityVac woes
From: Engelhardt <engel@metro.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:26:21 -0700
Robert Allen wrote:

> Hmm. So two MGA's can't be sucked by a MightyVac? Odd story.
>
> I wonder if there was a slight pressure on the brake pedal would make a
> difference? That is, is the seal at the top of the piston in the master
>cylinder
> designed such that fluid won't drain through? If so, resting a brick on the
>brake
> pedal while using the MityVac might get around this feature.

I haven't tried it but I don't think that's the problem. I can get fluid
to suck out the bleeders but any air in the lines stays in the lines.
All I end up doing is changing the fluid and leaving in the air! I have
no problems bleeding the old fashioned way (other than finding a willing
helper). The clutch also won't bleed with the mighty vac.

Ron
58 MGA