mgs

restorable vs parts car

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: restorable vs parts car
From: code5 <code5@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:45:42 -0400
Just saw a '59 MGA for <$1200.  Long story, but it was stored outside
for a long time and the engine is siezed and--my biggest concern--there
are rust holes that I can get my fingers into in the frame. They're
beside the seats & in other places that seem to be common trouble
spots.  I've always been kind of nuts about A's and I like this car.
It's (reportedly) all there, and the body's ok, and I suspect it's all
original.
        I'm an experienced backyard mechanic but haven't done this kind of
restoration before. I'd appreciate anyone's opinion on whether the frame
damage should be considered a prohibitive factor.