mgs

5-speed box for MGB

To: MGB <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 5-speed box for MGB
From: Anthony Rayner <A.Rayner@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 13:24:26 +1000 (GMT+1000)
Hi everyone,

I noticed that there is a thread about potential 5-spd conversions....

I met a guy (in australia) who reckons that he dropped a toyota celica
gearbox into his MGB.  It would have been one of those older celicas
(LT2000 type )
I assume that is a 5 spd?  He said that the bell
housing matched right up too.  If this is the case then he is onto a
winner because those celica boxes are fantastically strong and reliable.
Heaps of rev-heads put them into their V8's (non mgb) and have absolutely
no problems.  It was actually quite hard to tell that he had a
non-standard box in the car.
Has anybody else heard about this conversion?

Bye.

Tony Rayner.
charayne@dingo.uq.oz.au