mgs

Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, AdrianJones@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: 1500 Bottom End Rebuild
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:19:09 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-24 02:35:55 EDT, ulix@u.washington.edu (Ulix
Goettsch) writes:

<<
 On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Adrian Jones wrote:

 > Hi Folks,
 >         Well, it's time to bite the big one and put new big end bearings
in
 > my 1500 Midget.  Or is it??!!
 >
 >         There is no unusual sound from the engine at start up or any other
 > time.  The oil pressure, however, is a little worrying. It starts off
about
 > 60 or 70 and gradually decreases to about 20 when  cruising around town.
 > At idle, it goes down to about 9 or 10.  Once, when it was idling about
500
 > rpm it actually went down to about 5 psi.
 >
 >         If  a rebuild is advisable, the shopping list includes a set of
rod
 > bearing, set of main bearings, new con rod bolts, thrust washer set and,
of
 > course, the oil pan gasket.  Anything missing?
 >  >>
I guess that Voodoo Vanna gets her bonus after all.   Stay tuned for your
reading pleasure.  Misery loves company-Adrian if it makes you feel any
better, I'm in the middle of putting my engine back together after a complete
rebuild.  And, as for the posting about Voodoo Vanna it was fictional-Yeah
that's the ticket.
Tom Green
1979 MGB