mgs

Add some Zip to your life...advance your ignition

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Add some Zip to your life...advance your ignition
From: Simon Bosworth <simon@hpi50.dsddhc.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:50:25 -0500
Last night I decided to bump up the advance on my 74 BGT.  A relative,
who has been working with LBCs since Adam was a boy, mentioned that
retarted ignition tended to cause the engine to run hotter. Mine was
certainly running a bit hot.  It was rather sluggish as well.  Anyway
since I advanced the timing to 20deg at 1500 RPM everything is now
wonderful.  The car has more zip, it runs cooler, my sex life has
improved and it cured the cat's thyroid condition (obligatory cat
content).  Actually I got a bit carried away at the end there, but some
of those statements are true.
  Thanks to all the listers who contributed to the 'ignition timing'
thread a while back.

Cheers,
Simon

--